Before the coaching with Michele I had some ideas what I needed to do for recovery, because of the research I did. But when I got to speak to Michele the approach of recovery got really significantly simplified. I was way to concerned before and thought about so many different things, while with Michelle’s help it got easier to live my normal life again and get back on the right path. Therefor I am really grateful to have found Ali Greymond and through her Michele because I don’t know where I would be now otherwise. I can only encourage everybody who needs to read this to try the coaching because it really helps!

– Phillip 
OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous129262 Is there any hope my POCD will end…
Anonymous129287 If your mind doesn't allow you the way it is set up to reprogram it I.e by repition or erp where do you go from here
Anonymous129287 I keep telling people again and again the way my brain is trained at the moment it's not allowing me to do erp. Notice I'm not saying i can't do it I'm saying the way the brain is trained. Why this is I don't know. Please please shed some light I've been suffering for 27 years and I've tried to help myself and tried many treatments
Anonymous129302 Back to this forum after 1 week because my ocd has came again I met someone on insta and she herself texted me and then I asked her about her as a friend then she called me on insta I rejected saying that I don't talk to anyone like that she didn't had any bad intentions but she hindered my privacy n
Anonymous129302
Anonymous129302
Back to this forum after 1 week because my ocd has came again I met someone on insta and she herself texted me and then I asked her about her as a friend then she called me on insta I rejected saying that I don't talk to anyone like that she didn't had any bad intentions but she hindered my privacy n
I blocked her Now i am telling myself what if 'she' is a boy and is trying to harrass me or what if she is really a girl and I hurt her feelings (she unfollowed me) and biggest problem what if she tries to hack or bad mouth my account in future etc etc
Anonymous129302
Anonymous129302
I blocked her Now i am telling myself what if 'she' is a boy and is trying to harrass me or what if she is really a girl and I hurt her feelings (she unfollowed me) and biggest problem what if she tries to hack or bad mouth my account in future etc etc
I am blocking unblocking her again and I am worried that she is still in my block list A petty thing but Ocd made it a big issue Help anyone please
Anonymous129302
Anonymous129302
Back to this forum after 1 week because my ocd has came again I met someone on insta and she herself texted me and then I asked her about her as a friend then she called me on insta I rejected saying that I don't talk to anyone like that she didn't had any bad intentions but she hindered my privacy n
It was a voice call forgot to mention
Anonymous118415 I feel like a creep. I have Pocd and I was on a game called Ponytown. I'm on the 18+ server but sometimes minors are on it and I noticed someone's pony crying and comforted them but idk if they were a minor or not. I didn't discuss anything inaproprite or sexual but idk how old they were could I go to jail?
Ellen Is there a support group for parents/caregivers?
Anonymous120206 Someone with health ocd??
Anonymous129386 Anybody here?
Anonymous85281 Guys I haven’t had anxiety from any of my thoughts in months and I’m genuinely not even afraid anymore but the compulsions, false attraction, and thoughts are still there. It just feels like having ocd and anxiety was a phase and this is really me and I can’t accept it
Anonymous85281 Like I’m not even anxious about not being anxious but why is the false attraction still there?(hocd)
Anonymous85281 What’s wrong with me? It’s like I never had ocd and this is really me
Anonymous85281
Anonymous118415
I went through this. This is still OCD. Any thought you get regarding your theme is still OCD. Please start disregarding, it's the only way out
Hey just saw this thanks for the advice but is this happening to anyone else?
Anonymous127901 I have a question. Is it normal for ocd to make you feel numb to certain people? I started having intrusive thoughts regarding a certain person who I love very much and now it's like my mind wants to convince me that I don't love them. I understand OCD can cause feelings that aren't real but it really does seem so true.😭
Anonymous127005
Anonymous127901
I have a question. Is it normal for ocd to make you feel numb to certain people? I started having intrusive thoughts regarding a certain person who I love very much and now it's like my mind wants to convince me that I don't love them. I understand OCD can cause feelings that aren't real but it really does seem so true.😭
All of this is not true and just a symptom of anxiety consider your brain is not qo
Anonymous127005 is not working good and disregard and don't worry about this person's feelings because the one who truly love unconditionally will never leave you for any reason beside that it's all a fog believe me and what appear doesn't actually appear for that other person at all
Anonymous127005 what appears for you*
Anonymous127901 Thank you so much❤
Anonymous86699 How do I stop repeating phrases over and over again?
Anonymous85281 GUYS I NEED HELP I WANT TO SERIOUSLY KILL MYSELF
Anonymous85281 So it just spent the last two hours crying cause I was reading “recovery” stories and basically everyone who has recovered said that they still have a thoughts on a daily basis and that recovery was the hardest thing to do and I was like wtf what’s the point of living if you have to put everything you have into recovery and get basically nothing out of it
Anonymous85281 Then I starting doing some ocd exercises like saying “I’m gay” over and over so it would loose meaning (HOCD) but then I got really mad cause saying that kinda rolled off the tonge and so I literally bit myself cause I was so mad of what this has taken away from me
Anonymous85281 And then the worst happened. I was thinking back to what it was like before this happened and I just told myself I wish this wouldn’t have happened you know life would be happier and then it felt like this was inevitable, LIKE I WAS MEANT TO GO THROUGH QUESTIONING MY SEXUALLY like wtf and then I starting getting these awful and strong feelings that I didn’t want to be with boys anymore
Anonymous85281 Like they’re was nothing special about them and I never really valued my identity and I only want to be straight cause that’s what society wants even though even during the peak of ocd all I wanted was a husband and a boyfriend(I’m a girl) bc I wanted to start a family.
Anonymous85281 But when I thought “what’s so special abt boys?” “Should I be with girls?” WAS ON PURPOSE WITH NO f**kING ANXIETY. And it’s like I even WANTED to question it, that’s why I’m writing this cause it felt like I want to actually think abt being with a girl after two f**kING years trying to torture myself that I didn’t want to
Anonymous85281 Why after all this time and suffering would I actually want to be with a girl? They’ve ruined my life? And why does it feel like I would be bored with boys? I’ve never even thought abt that and I’ve always enjoyed my fantasies? And why does it feel like if I wasn’t questioning now I would have later in life?? I never thought that?? And why am I having all these thoughts on purpose now???
Anonymous85281 I’m pretty sure all my thoughts were on purpose now. Like I want them
Anonymous85281 Please respond, and not with “this is just ocd” or “I can’t give you reassurance” I’m way past that. I just need some hope idc care anymore I’m literally giving myself bruises
Anonymous85281 It seriously feels like everything is on purpose now
Anonymous127005
Anonymous127901
Thank you so much❤
You are welcome ♥️
Anonymous129599 So I have pocd and my family think I’m stupid for thinking this but basically Ive liked this anime character for a while now and it might sound stupid but I get alot of comfort from this character, but I’m starting to get older than them and Ive seen people say that as you get older u should stop liking the characters but ive gotten attached to it and the show and I really don’t wanna let th
Anonymous129599 But I also don’t wanna be a pedo I know they are just fictional but I feel gross still liking them but it’s the only comfort it brings me, Is it weird to age them up as u get older cause I really don’t wanna be a pedo
Anonymous129599 I just wanna like the characters still
Anonymous129599 I keep obsessing over it
Anonymous129614 How long did it take you to fully recover from ocd?
Anonymous118415
Anonymous85281
I’m pretty sure all my thoughts were on purpose now. Like I want them
This happened to me. Keep disregarding. You need to keep trying to recover.
Anonymous85281
Anonymous118415
This happened to me. Keep disregarding. You need to keep trying to recover.
But what about everything else I said??
Anonymous129287 If the method don't work do you give a refund?
Anonymous129854 Just want to vent a second, but I feel like my HOCD and denial is seeping into my everyday life
Anonymous129854 Like now when I enjoy something my mind starts to question if I really am enjoying it or not and its weird as f**k
Irelbi I’m in the middle of a major anxiety attack with ROCD and I don’t even know if it’s ROCD anymore
Anonymous85281
Anonymous85281
Why after all this time and suffering would I actually want to be with a girl? They’ve ruined my life? And why does it feel like I would be bored with boys? I’ve never even thought abt that and I’ve always enjoyed my fantasies? And why does it feel like if I wasn’t questioning now I would have later in life?? I never thought that?? And why am I having all these thoughts on purpose now???
This s**t has ruined my life. All I ever wanted was a husband and kids and now I’m convinced that it’s fake and that I would have figured this all out eventually cause now it actually feels like I would want to be with a girl and the worst part is I think I’m generating those feelings in my own on purpose.
Anonymous85281 Like it actually feels like I don’t want to get rid of these thoughts now and that even if I recover I wouldn’t want to be straight anymore, like WTF IS THIS EVEN REALL?? WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME?? was I just faking that I was straight this entire time?? I mean it never felt like that
Anonymous127005
Anonymous86699
How do I stop repeating phrases over and over again?
When you find yourself so stucked tell yourself okay i will just stop for a few seconds and will continue then take deep breaths and ask yourself how many times do people normally repeat phrases they say? they never do so right? except maybe if someone didn't hear them clearly or wanted them to repeat cause they didn't understand other than that they want give any attention to repeat then if the
Anonymous127005 urge to repeat after that is still there tell yourself okay then i will just do it once as normal people do and just say it once then move forward even if you still suffering anxiety because of that and a very important advice for all the guys here you can function while feeling anxious do all the things you need to do throughout the day and even do the things you used to enjoy even if you can't
Anonymous127005 enjoy it the most then don't panic just the cup of your heart then doesn't have space for joy because of anxiety
Anonymous129891 Hey everyone. I have just *almost* fully recovered from sexuality OCD. But now im feeling another topic coming on around drugs? I cant find anything about it and i know ts going to get wrose. Please help
Anonymous86699
Anonymous127005
enjoy it the most then don't panic just the cup of your heart then doesn't have space for joy because of anxiety
Thank you
Customize

I have been suffering from Harm OCD since a decade. I had this feeling like something was wrong with me and I started avoiding objects like pillows,knives etc. Last year when covid started it became worst since I was locked inside house and there were no meeting with friends , I used to hardly sleep then I came across ali videos in YouTube I started watching her videos also joined the chat group I tried to follow most of the things ali told me but somehow I felt I needed more guidance about ERP that’s when I joined text support with Michele. She gave me proper knowledge about OCD and how it works ,she was always available whenever I texted her or when I felt stuck.She motivated me when I had bad days. It’s been 3 months now and i have seen lot of improvement in me ,i sleep well and i feel much happier now and more focused now. I am thankful for that. I will recommend Michele to anyone that needs guidance for their OCD.

– Ninthi

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why is ERP the recommended treatment for OCD?

Studies show that everyone experiences some of the intrusive thoughts involved in OCD. Maybe you’ve thought I could drive off the road right now or What if I don’t actually love my significant other? People without OCD are usually able to write off distressing thoughts as strange and random occurrences, but those with this condition feel compelled to neutralize them. Obsessions and compulsions reinforce one another because it seems like a thought that had to be avoided with a compulsion must have been pretty important (and worthy of more fear). In most cases OCD symptoms do not resolve on their own.

A cognitive approach– traditional CBT, for example– asks patients to challenge their obsessions. This can actually reinforce the belief that thoughts are significant and that we’re morally responsible for the content of our thoughts. Although cognitive interventions can be useful in many ways, recent studies comparing ERP and CBT suggest that ERP is more effective specifically for OCD.

Any behavior that engages with the obsession– e.g. asking for reassurance, avoidance, rumination– reinforces it. By preventing these behaviors, ERP teaches people that they can tolerate their distress without turning to compulsions. It thereby drains obsessions of their power. Especially when paired with medication and other types of therapy, ERP is consistently demonstrated to be the most effective form of treatment for OCD.

How does someone actually do ERP?

There’s a good chance we’ll be writing more about this soon, but the best way to see how ERP works is to check out the NOCD app on Android and IOS. We built it from the ground up to provide ERP tools, and worked with top experts to make sure it’s closely aligned with the version you’d get in a therapist’s office.

Want to know Why is ERP the recommended treatment for OCD? In case yes, then this site will provide you with a lot of facts that you can see and will be able to explore for sure. Just see and go for topessaywriting as that was what there are many in need will elarn.