OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
I mean sexual scenes
Yes yes yes everything in that nature is still ocd trust me ur not alone and u can recover
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
Yes yes yes everything in that nature is still ocd trust me ur not alone and u can recover
I am lesbian and I get images of oral s*x with men in my head everytime I walk by a male person.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
can someone help me?
Yes of course what is ur problem?
Anonymous62972 33 And then I want to know if I would actually want it/ do it
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
Yes of course what is ur problem?
I am lesbian and I get images of oral s*x with men in my head everytime I walk by a male person.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
Thats exactly what hocd does. I am a straight female and have only ever been attracted to men but for some reason i would be next to a girl and get these weird sexual images about her. It is so so common u have no idea. At the end of the day though our thoughts mean nothing. We are meant to have junk thoughts and weird thoughts are natural. I used to think hocd thoughts were the end of the world
Anonymous67461
Anonymous67461
Thats exactly what hocd does. I am a straight female and have only ever been attracted to men but for some reason i would be next to a girl and get these weird sexual images about her. It is so so common u have no idea. At the end of the day though our thoughts mean nothing. We are meant to have junk thoughts and weird thoughts are natural. I used to think hocd thoughts were the end of the world
But now i brush these thoughts off like nothing. Analyzing and wondering if u actually like it is all ocd
Anonymous71635
Anonymous67461
Also once u disregard little by little u will feel better and look back and be like oh yea that was just ocd.
Thank you this helps me so much
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
But now i brush these thoughts off like nothing. Analyzing and wondering if u actually like it is all ocd
But why can’t I answer if I would want to do it?
Anonymous62972 I mean if I was a real lesbian I would say immediately „No I would never do that“
Anonymous62972 You know what I mean?
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
But why can’t I answer if I would want to do it?
So basically if u actually wanted to do it u would not spend this much time thinking about it. When i was doing exposures during recovery i watching coming out videos that i avoided watching before and one girl said that she would like to fantasize about girls and then be like i will get that one day and forget abt it until she wanted to fantasize again. Whereas ppl with ocd ruminate about it
Anonymous65599 how I hate OCD
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
You know what I mean?
Yea i know what u mean. U have to understand ocd controls alot of your reactions. However it makes u feel is not actually u. Its the same thing where how some straight girls would be like oh yea i wouldnt mind having s*x with another women and they still identify as straight. Sexuality isnt something most ppl overthink unless u have ocd
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
how I hate OCD
Me too
Anonymous65599 I've watched thousand Ali's videos and I'm still deep in magical thinking ocd. 20 years of an absolute nightmare.
Anonymous65023 I wanted to ask, though ive worried about quite a few themes for short whiles in the past, I have only a couple main ones, and my brain keeps telling me that because they seem more possible (common is a better word) than the other ones and because i've stressed for longer on those subjects in particular. how can I shift that thinking?
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
I've watched thousand Ali's videos and I'm still deep in magical thinking ocd. 20 years of an absolute nightmare.
Ok so if u have been 20 years suffering it is not going to go away in a few months. I would suggest getting personal sessions with ali or an ocd coach. If u cant then try to not do the things your ocd is telling you. Take a leap of faith and dont fall into ocd tricks.
Anonymous65023
Anonymous65023
I wanted to ask, though ive worried about quite a few themes for short whiles in the past, I have only a couple main ones, and my brain keeps telling me that because they seem more possible (common is a better word) than the other ones and because i've stressed for longer on those subjects in particular. how can I shift that thinking?
sorry I messed that up, the worry is that im in denial because they seem to more common worries
Anonymous65599
Anonymous67461
Ok so if u have been 20 years suffering it is not going to go away in a few months. I would suggest getting personal sessions with ali or an ocd coach. If u cant then try to not do the things your ocd is telling you. Take a leap of faith and dont fall into ocd tricks.
thanks for support. unfortunately, I can't afford sessions with Ali, because it's very expensive.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
I wanted to ask, though ive worried about quite a few themes for short whiles in the past, I have only a couple main ones, and my brain keeps telling me that because they seem more possible (common is a better word) than the other ones and because i've stressed for longer on those subjects in particular. how can I shift that thinking?
I have suffered from many themes as well and something to shift your thinking is remembering that stressing on any subject regardless is still u worried about it and showing your brain that you fear somethings. Dont listen to any of what ocd tries to tell u. Changing your response to thoughts about your themes can help alot
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
thanks for support. unfortunately, I can't afford sessions with Ali, because it's very expensive.
I know it is so hard to get treatment. I have heard NOCD is really affordable or better help is good
Anonymous65023
Anonymous67461
I have suffered from many themes as well and something to shift your thinking is remembering that stressing on any subject regardless is still u worried about it and showing your brain that you fear somethings. Dont listen to any of what ocd tries to tell u. Changing your response to thoughts about your themes can help alot
thank you, i'm really trying, I went to a psychiatrist yesterday and I dont think he fully understood my problem, though he was supporting and sweet. I think part of him thinks its denial, though that could be me jumping to conclusions
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
sorry I messed that up, the worry is that im in denial because they seem to more common worries
That's just ocd as well. Make the choice to treat it all as ocd because coming from an outside view as someone who suffers from ocd i can relate and see that you have ocd
Anonymous65599 I decided to make musical videos on youtube because I'm constantly alone, I don't have friends, maybe I will find somebody and we will make music together or just drink beer on skype lol
Anonymous65599
Anonymous65023
Anonymous67461
That's just ocd as well. Make the choice to treat it all as ocd because coming from an outside view as someone who suffers from ocd i can relate and see that you have ocd
thank you I really appreciate that, ive been rumintating 5-8 hours a day for three months (not mentioning before that) and its so difficult
Anonymous65599 oh! I'm feeling guilty that I posted it here
Anonymous65023
Anonymous65599
that's awesome!
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
thank you, i'm really trying, I went to a psychiatrist yesterday and I dont think he fully understood my problem, though he was supporting and sweet. I think part of him thinks its denial, though that could be me jumping to conclusions
Of course! Let me tell u something. Even some psychatrists are not educated on ocd. This girl on tiktok it took her years to find a therapist because all the ones she went to were uneducated. Make sure ur therapist is aware of all the subtypes. Also dont believe him or let him get to u he is just another uneducated person!
Anonymous65599 guys I can't express how hard it was to f**kin' upload it on youtube because of obsessions
Anonymous65023
Anonymous67461
Of course! Let me tell u something. Even some psychatrists are not educated on ocd. This girl on tiktok it took her years to find a therapist because all the ones she went to were uneducated. Make sure ur therapist is aware of all the subtypes. Also dont believe him or let him get to u he is just another uneducated person!
thanks, i'll try to keep it in mind!
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
thank you I really appreciate that, ive been rumintating 5-8 hours a day for three months (not mentioning before that) and its so difficult
I know how it feels. From july-september all of my days were spent anxiety ridden and ruminating about ocd. I can say that i am in a much better place now.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
thanks, i'll try to keep it in mind!
No problem!
Anonymous65599 I mean I feel guilty cause people talkin' about ocd here and I look like a motherf**ker who speaks about his video, but I'm an ocd sufferer too
Anonymous65599
Anonymous65023
that's awesome!
thank you!
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
I mean I feel guilty cause people talkin' about ocd here and I look like a motherf**ker who speaks about his video, but I'm an ocd sufferer too
Anyone is welcome here hahaha! But seriously ur videos could be a good distraction for some
Anonymous65599
Anonymous67461
Anyone is welcome here hahaha! But seriously ur videos could be a good distraction for some
thank you!
Anonymous65023 I'm kind of new to this forum, ive never really been on an online forum, so helloooo! smile
Anonymous65599 I'm drinkin beer to relax, almost every day I feel insanely exhausted but I don't wanna die, I wanna kill at least magical thinking
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65023
I'm kind of new to this forum, ive never really been on an online forum, so helloooo! smile
Hi!
Anonymous65599
Anonymous65023
I'm kind of new to this forum, ive never really been on an online forum, so helloooo! smile
hi! welcome to the forum!
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
I'm drinkin beer to relax, almost every day I feel insanely exhausted but I don't wanna die, I wanna kill at least magical thinking
The first step to solving your problem is stop drinking beer to relax. Using substances to relax urself from ocd is not helpful and continues the cycle. To kill magical thinking u must stop doing compulsions. Sit with your anxiety and dont listen to when your brain tells u to do something.
Anonymous65599 I don't drink beer every day, I am not able to tolerate this pain in my soul and incredible headaches, it feels like my brain is a big swallen piece of meet
Anonymous67461 If anyone is wondering i have recovered from HOCD, TOCD, and am in recovery from POCD from ali's videos so feel free to ask questions.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous65599
I don't drink beer every day, I am not able to tolerate this pain in my soul and incredible headaches, it feels like my brain is a big swallen piece of meet
Yea i understand ur pain just dont make it a habit
Anonymous71643
Anonymous67461
If anyone is wondering i have recovered from HOCD, TOCD, and am in recovery from POCD from ali's videos so feel free to ask questions.
How do you disregard the thoughts because i always try to and they stick right onto my brain and i can’t think of anything else
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
Yea i know what u mean. U have to understand ocd controls alot of your reactions. However it makes u feel is not actually u. Its the same thing where how some straight girls would be like oh yea i wouldnt mind having s*x with another women and they still identify as straight. Sexuality isnt something most ppl overthink unless u have ocd
does this mean the thoughts are a sign that I want s*x with men?
Anonymous69565 Hey 5599 I subscribed to your channel smile
Anonymous69565 Good luck to your channel. And I wanna tell you something last. We are humans and thoughts are not something magic that can hurt someone. Are only thoughts who lives in our minds. Jesus can save you if you want it
Customize

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:OCD ForumOCD HELP FORUM: HARM OCDSelf Harm OCD
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Self Harm OCD

So I have severe OCD but was doing very well for a couple of months.  Now I have a new self harm theme.  What kind of rumination comes with this?  I find myself thinking that this time its not OCD and I am going to jump off my balcony.  The thought has been there 24/7 for a couple of days now that I'm afraid to walk by the railing.  I guess I am looking for reassurance that this is just my OCD once again. I know reassurance is bad.  I can't seem to turn off the thought. I also have anxiety at a 10 on the scale.  What can I do?

This sounds like it is part of your same theme. First of all take a few deep breaths and remember that you did do well for a couple of months. OCD is trying to pull you in again in a slightly different way. I know it is scary to walk by the railing but if you continue to avoid doing that it will only add to the OCD thoughts and make matters worse. Like Ali says "Come from a position of power" and call OCD's bluff for what it is. Try to focus on something in your life that will keep your mind and body busy and the anxiety should reduce and you will see this incident for what it is - just another trick from OCD.  You did it before and you can do it now. 

I have this theme. For me, it’s been the hardest theme of my life. So hard! But there is hope. If you fear the thoughts, they will stick 24/7. I learned this the hard way. I’m here for you!