OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous97066
Anonymous99370
There were times where I'd just be doing it for hours straight. Thankfully I'm way past that point now
thats good, i hope u fully recover
Anonymous99370 You too laugh
Anonymous97066
Anonymous99370
You too laugh
thanks, im honestly doubtful for myself but wish u the best mate<div>
</div>
Anonymous99370 You'll get it if you keep at it, just have to find the right ERP and keep at it
Anonymous97066
Anonymous99370
You'll get it if you keep at it, just have to find the right ERP and keep at it
hopefully sad
Christa Hi everyone! I might not be on the chat as much today but keep disregarding!
Anonymous99409 Has anyone ever had a feeling that you're comfortable with the thoughts? I've only recently started to have this feeling. I'm in recovery and this feeling keeps coming back. I don't know how to respond to it. It's getting so much harder.
Christa
Anonymous99409
Has anyone ever had a feeling that you're comfortable with the thoughts? I've only recently started to have this feeling. I'm in recovery and this feeling keeps coming back. I don't know how to respond to it. It's getting so much harder.
Hi! So yes this is very normal its just ocd playing tricks on you. I have been through this and so have many others
Anonymous99409
Christa
Hi! So yes this is very normal its just ocd playing tricks on you. I have been through this and so have many others
How do I disregard this feeling? I know this is OCD because this situation has repeated itself over and over. Tip: anything to do with your theme: disregard! But how do I ignore it? I know that's all I have to do
Anonymous99409 I also feel like sometimes I want to think of the thoughts and as a result I end up thinking of them. It's scary. But I know it's probably OCD. But it just won't go away which makes me doubt myself sometimes
Christa
Anonymous99409
I also feel like sometimes I want to think of the thoughts and as a result I end up thinking of them. It's scary. But I know it's probably OCD. But it just won't go away which makes me doubt myself sometimes
This is also really normal too. To disregard the feeling you have to change your view on it. Instead of looking it as oh no this is so real i felt this feeling it must be true just be like ok feels real but its not me at all just another annoying ocd symptom moving on
Anonymous99409
Christa
This is also really normal too. To disregard the feeling you have to change your view on it. Instead of looking it as oh no this is so real i felt this feeling it must be true just be like ok feels real but its not me at all just another annoying ocd symptom moving on
Oh my gosh thank you. I've been so stuck on this. I've gotten good at disregarding thoughts and sensations. But the only thing I'm afraid of now is, I had one time where I had that feeling where I wanted to think of a thought and I did. That was scary. Do I just treat it the same way?
Anonymous99413 I had a quick question; I have hocdc and I keep getting to a good spot and then my
Anonymous99413 brain says “what about this thing you forgot or haven’t thought of?”. Is this something you guys have experienced? It keeps feeling like fuel added to the fire
Anonymous99413 For example I just remembered that I would use to look up girls instagrams and look at their photos (im a girl) out of what I considered to be jealousy and I would, but know my mind is looking at it differently
Anonymous99413 But now*
Anonymous99413 I do think women are pretty, even more than men, but I’ve never been sexually attracted, to me it’s just a matter of aesthetic beauty, and now my brain is telling me I’ll have to leave my boyfriend of almost 6 years and it scares me
Christa
Anonymous99413
I do think women are pretty, even more than men, but I’ve never been sexually attracted, to me it’s just a matter of aesthetic beauty, and now my brain is telling me I’ll have to leave my boyfriend of almost 6 years and it scares me
Hi! I suffered with hocd and recovered and this is all just another way it tries to trick you. Chose to disregard.
Anonymous95362 How to know that how much minutes I am ruminating
Christa
Anonymous95362
How to know that how much minutes I am ruminating
Can you please elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you're asking? If you are talking about tracking you need to start with a set time and everytime you ruminate count the minutes you have been focusing on it.
Christa Everyone battling hocd: Stop ruminating. You seriously will look back on this one day and laugh at how much time you spent worrying. Last year I couldn't sleep because of my hocd thoughts and false memories. For months I spent worrying and overthinking wether this action I did or thought made me gay. With hard recovery work, I slowly got better and learned to leave those questions alone.
Christa
Christa
Everyone battling hocd: Stop ruminating. You seriously will look back on this one day and laugh at how much time you spent worrying. Last year I couldn't sleep because of my hocd thoughts and false memories. For months I spent worrying and overthinking wether this action I did or thought made me gay. With hard recovery work, I slowly got better and learned to leave those questions alone.
They aren't you none of this has to do with you. Ocd just latched onto it cause relationships and sexuality is apart of what you care about. Even if you don't care about sexuality that much, it's still ocd. Don't fall for the tricks
Anonymous99421 Thank you so much
Christa Of course no problem. You seriously will be okay. What you are going through sounds like exactly what I went through and it's just trying to get a reaction out of you. Only look at it as that don't be like but I had this thought I had this feeling I had this image. It doesn't matter
Anonymous95362
Christa
Can you please elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you're asking? If you are talking about tracking you need to start with a set time and everytime you ruminate count the minutes you have been focusing on it.
I am asking that how can I know that how much minutes I am ruminating because it all is going in my head
Christa
Anonymous95362
I am asking that how can I know that how much minutes I am ruminating because it all is going in my head
Oh okay. So basically if you are focusing on the thought at all in your head and giving it negative attention or any attention at all that's rumination. So start at lets say 12:00 and be like for the next 5 minutes I'm gonna focus on this activity and just say whatever when the thought/feeling/image/sensation pops up. If you start to fall into it and worrying about it and trying to figure it out
Christa
Christa
Oh okay. So basically if you are focusing on the thought at all in your head and giving it negative attention or any attention at all that's rumination. So start at lets say 12:00 and be like for the next 5 minutes I'm gonna focus on this activity and just say whatever when the thought/feeling/image/sensation pops up. If you start to fall into it and worrying about it and trying to figure it out
that's rumination. So after you go 5 minutes and lets say you accidentally fell into it and after saying whatever to the thoughts until 12:02 you start to go but what if this isn't ocd and start to worry again. Then you have to pick it up and be like no just ocd thought still focusing on this activity and figure out how long you fell into it.
Christa
Christa
that's rumination. So after you go 5 minutes and lets say you accidentally fell into it and after saying whatever to the thoughts until 12:02 you start to go but what if this isn't ocd and start to worry again. Then you have to pick it up and be like no just ocd thought still focusing on this activity and figure out how long you fell into it.
Don't overcomplicate it. If you are giving it any attention in your brain that's rumination. Track the time you give it attention or think about it or if that's too hard give yourself a limit for how long you can think about it. You know so give yourself a worry time but make sure you disregard it otherwise and change your reaction as much as possible
Christa
Anonymous99377
Thank you for the answers! Im also curious whether your OCD made you feel not quite like yourself? Cuz the themes are like the opposite of what you believe in, so you dont even know what you are as a person anymore
Yes ocd can very much do this. It happens to me all the time. Its just because ocd can give alot of weird thoughts/feelings/urges/images/sensations which make you feel not like yourself
Anonymous95415 I also feel like a different person. Like out of my body with all these urges and thoughts I have a hard time even knowing if I'm ruminating or not
Christa
Anonymous95415
I also feel like a different person. Like out of my body with all these urges and thoughts I have a hard time even knowing if I'm ruminating or not
This is called dissociation. It happens alot in ocd. If you want more info you can google dissociation or dissociation in ocd. It is extremely common. Our bodies and brains do it as a response to fear/trauma to protect us.
Anonymous94079 Hi Christa,u helped me a lot yesterday. I took your advice and even though I felt worse, I did what you told and I was like whatever and didn't repeat myself (maybe I did once or twice) but I was feeling victorious until today. I'm having a bad time and I'm repeating an activity again and again like in a loop
Anonymous94079 I was doing good till now now I feel so sad. I don't know how to break out of this loop
Anonymous96452 I was doing good till now now I feel so sad. I don't know how to break out of this loop -- do the same thing you diod yesterday. WIthout paying attention on how you feel.
Christa
Anonymous94079
I was doing good till now now I feel so sad. I don't know how to break out of this loop
Hi! I'm so happy to hear that you have been getting better! Be proud of yourself for that! What you are facing now is just a setback you can get back to that place. Dont feel bad remember recovery is a rollercoaster. I was doing amazing the other day in my religious ocd recovery and today i feel back at square 1. It happens in ocd. To break out of the loop you just need to be like ok i fell down
Christa
Christa
Hi! I'm so happy to hear that you have been getting better! Be proud of yourself for that! What you are facing now is just a setback you can get back to that place. Dont feel bad remember recovery is a rollercoaster. I was doing amazing the other day in my religious ocd recovery and today i feel back at square 1. It happens in ocd. To break out of the loop you just need to be like ok i fell down
But im gonna try to get up again and disregard even tho its not going away even though it feels very real. Remember ocd can trick u into feeling ANYTHING so you just gotta stand up to it and find your power again. You can do it u did it once i believe in you
Christa Whats the activity you are repeating specificially?
Christa
Christa
Whats the activity you are repeating specificially?
Cause any activity or compulsion is breakable trust me i had an awful habit where i needed to replace a thought that i had and it became so bad it felt like a habit at that point. But i broke it and now im much bettwr
Anonymous94079 As part of my work I was filling up the time sheets where you log today's work. So I was doing that and suddenly really bad thoughts came in so I started deleting the entries and repeating the entering of data again and again. It's only 5 rows but still I'm even ashamed to say that I did this. So weird
Anonymous94079 It's just that thoughts came in its okay I can ignore them but the fact that I feel I'm smiling at those thoughts is what makes me annoyed
Anonymous94079 Not the content of the thoughts but ocd is making me believe that I'm smiling when those thoughts are coming in
Christa
Anonymous94079
As part of my work I was filling up the time sheets where you log today's work. So I was doing that and suddenly really bad thoughts came in so I started deleting the entries and repeating the entering of data again and again. It's only 5 rows but still I'm even ashamed to say that I did this. So weird
My mom had a similar problem when she had ocd. It can be very odd. She told me though that she broke it by not repeating it no matter what. You have to break the compulsion and sit with the anxiety and thoughts. It will try to pull u in any way possible and really push u at first but once u get past that you will ok and the anxiety will go down. I know its really hard and the thoughts are bad
Christa
Anonymous94079
Not the content of the thoughts but ocd is making me believe that I'm smiling when those thoughts are coming in
I cannot tell you how common that is. I had like 5 people on that chat come in yesterday saying the exact problem people on reddit have the problem I had this problem so just tell your brain everybody goes through this. Dont be like but im actually smiling what does this mean about you. It means nothing it means you have ocd and your ocd is pulling another trick
Anonymous94079 Idk If I should share this, I watched a whole episode of a popular series without repeating myself. Yes I felt bad worse and it felt like I was experiencing unwanted thoughts throughout that 1 hour still at the end I felt proud of myself but today it's completely the opposite
Christa
Anonymous94079
Idk If I should share this, I watched a whole episode of a popular series without repeating myself. Yes I felt bad worse and it felt like I was experiencing unwanted thoughts throughout that 1 hour still at the end I felt proud of myself but today it's completely the opposite
Im so proud of you thats amazing! You still made a lot of progress yesterday. Recovery is a journey and it can feel like you hop on and off alot and thats ok. You are going to have off days thats okay. Its normal dont beat yourself up over it
Anonymous94079 smile
Anonymous94079 All the best guys!
Anonymous94079 Thank you
Christa
Christa
Im so proud of you thats amazing! You still made a lot of progress yesterday. Recovery is a journey and it can feel like you hop on and off alot and thats ok. You are going to have off days thats okay. Its normal dont beat yourself up over it
Also, you can go back and forth and still recover. Try to pick it up again you got this. I believe in you its okay that today you feel the opposite you will get better
Christa
Anonymous94079
Thank you
No problem! Trust me you will get better pick it up come on you got this! You fell down but you can get back up and break it
Customize

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ROCD towards mother

I have ROCD but towards my mother. I'm afraid to not love her or to not accept her. She is my adoptive mother. My usual thoughts are "I don't love her" or "she is not my mother". But I feel I love her with all my heart. When I'm not with her I miss her so much. I'm 30 and I still live with her.
Do you think that a period of separation from her would be beneficial? I could stay with my dad.