OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous121216 hey! just wanna tell u all that i’ve reduced rumination a lot over the past week and it gets better! i thought i would never recover but i’m starting to be able to sit with the thoughts and not ruminate! it gets better and anyone can recover smile
Anonymous121354 I have maladaptive daydreaming and OCD. And I know many people who have both. Is it possible there is a link?
CuriousLady1012 I'm Anonymous121354. With maladaptive daydreaming I just go around imagining positive things. Like things I wish would happen in the future. Then sometimes while I'm imagining the positive, a negative or intrusive thought would creep in. I think spending so much time in my imagination, even positively, is what makes me end up with OCD. I've gotten a lot better with the OCD following Ali's advice
Anonymous118415 Hi guys. Just thought I'd give a bit of motivation. You can recover! No matter your theme or how severe your case is, you can do it! No matter how the thoughts come in, whether they are thoughts, feelings, sensations, urges. They can come in in any way and it's all the same thing! If it's do with your theme, it's the same thing as last time. You can do this!
Anonymous117898
Anonymous118415
Hi guys. Just thought I'd give a bit of motivation. You can recover! No matter your theme or how severe your case is, you can do it! No matter how the thoughts come in, whether they are thoughts, feelings, sensations, urges. They can come in in any way and it's all the same thing! If it's do with your theme, it's the same thing as last time. You can do this!
Thanks for the motivation I needed it x
Anonymous121410 Hey I don’t know if any of the coaches can help me with this but I’ve been practicing trying to track time and disregard thoughts, but I don’t think I’m doing it right. So my theme is Hocd/Pocd and whenever I get a thought I try to allow it to be there and not react but when I do it I usually feel like I’m gonna tear up or I just get sleepy because it’s so intense.
Anonymous121410
Anonymous121410
Hey I don’t know if any of the coaches can help me with this but I’ve been practicing trying to track time and disregard thoughts, but I don’t think I’m doing it right. So my theme is Hocd/Pocd and whenever I get a thought I try to allow it to be there and not react but when I do it I usually feel like I’m gonna tear up or I just get sleepy because it’s so intense.
So my question is what is disregarding suppose to be like and tracking time because they’re would be days where every 3 hours it’s about an hour. I also have adhd so it makes it hard for me to think about other things. That being said what do I do because this is really hard?
Anonymous121410 *every 3 hours is an hour of ruminating
Anonymous85281 But now it’s like I like my attraction to same s*x and I DONT want to be attracted to men anymore -like I would be more interested in women or something. And I’m like wtf this has never happened and idk it if it’s ocd cause normally I would say I don’t want it but why does it feel like I don’t mean it anymore
Anonymous85281 Sorry that was the second part
Anonymous85281 The first part is I don’t wandered if anyone else was going through HOCD and false attractions cause now it feels genuine and like I really am this person and that I really don’t want to get rid of the thoughts and idk what to do
Anonymous121410
Anonymous85281
The first part is I don’t wandered if anyone else was going through HOCD and false attractions cause now it feels genuine and like I really am this person and that I really don’t want to get rid of the thoughts and idk what to do
I am man it’s gotten to the point where I don’t know if I’m gay or not it’s so much and I just wish I can tell someone and I feel I lost part of myself. I know we’ll make it, if you keep working like Ali says and feel it in your heart like I do you’ll make it.
Anonymous121410
Anonymous121410
I am man it’s gotten to the point where I don’t know if I’m gay or not it’s so much and I just wish I can tell someone and I feel I lost part of myself. I know we’ll make it, if you keep working like Ali says and feel it in your heart like I do you’ll make it.
*hurts
Anonymous85281 Thanks. So you are going through the same think to? I feel like this is all my fault that I blew that one gay thought out of proportion
Anonymous121431 My thought say notice ur breathing..what can i do?what is the erp for that?
Anonymous121410
Anonymous85281
Thanks. So you are going through the same think to? I feel like this is all my fault that I blew that one gay thought out of proportion
It not your fault and yeah I have to same problem truth be told I’ve been suffering with different themes of ocd since 2019. And funny enough it started with a really small thought when I was watching tv now it’s this terrible thing where I can’t even concentrate in school, but I want my life back so here i’am
Anonymous117546 I live in a noisy neighbourhood. Whenever there is noise outside I get really nevous and start sweating. This then leads me to wash my hair which has turned into a compulsion. This happens around 3 times a day and I'm cluless on what I should do about it. In addition I can't seem to do anything when there is noise. It feels like I'm living in hell.
Anonymous121463
Anonymous117546
I live in a noisy neighbourhood. Whenever there is noise outside I get really nevous and start sweating. This then leads me to wash my hair which has turned into a compulsion. This happens around 3 times a day and I'm cluless on what I should do about it. In addition I can't seem to do anything when there is noise. It feels like I'm living in hell.
I also have noisy neighbours, but I've found a great way to cope with them. A simple white noise machine (Amazon) works wonders. I just have it on low in the background and go about my day. Sometimes I have it on in my bedroom for sleep. Works great.
Anonymous116827 At the start of my OCD homosexual theme, I was worrying about being attracted to just a normal pretty straight girl, now I know I’m not and just think they are pretty, but this has shifted to the lesbian stereotype looking girls. It’s so tiring since a lot of people look like that these days and i just need help
Anonymous85281
Anonymous116827
At the start of my OCD homosexual theme, I was worrying about being attracted to just a normal pretty straight girl, now I know I’m not and just think they are pretty, but this has shifted to the lesbian stereotype looking girls. It’s so tiring since a lot of people look like that these days and i just need help
Omg im going through the same thing! There’s a lesbian looking girl in my class and my brain is telling me I like her cause she has a haircut like I girl. The worst part is I have no anxiety. Thinking back, that type of person is THE LAST person I what to be attracted to and all I want is to be disgusted by it
Anonymous116827
Anonymous85281
Omg im going through the same thing! There’s a lesbian looking girl in my class and my brain is telling me I like her cause she has a haircut like I girl. The worst part is I have no anxiety. Thinking back, that type of person is THE LAST person I what to be attracted to and all I want is to be disgusted by it
YES. I’m sorry to anyone out there but I literallt didn’t even think those girls were pretty. In fact, they were the last people I would be attracted to. But now I’m literally so scared. I just kinda let it pass though, but it’s so annoying
Anonymous121431
Anonymous85281
If u are lesbian..u liked that thought..not feared about that thought..so choose to disreagrd and move on
Kevin Le is ocd a chronic mental disability
Anonymous121431 No
Anonymous119901 i am obsessing over the thought that what if i have ocd because someone set a witchcraft spell on me
Anonymous119901 like how does ocd even develop i remember the day i realized i had ocd and i was confused on how i even got it i def made ocd worse by going on and off birth control
Anonymous121623 Hello my question is that i get these type of thoughts what if i fear of clothes then what would people think. I'll look like crazy since then i got alot of these type of thoughts what if i fear form this and that .let me know is this ocd? And if yes then Should i disregard the same way in this too? 😓 by the way I've also fear of going crazy
Anonymous121623 I also wanna know how to prevent a ocd loop to happen in the beginning?
Anonymous121431 Go and watch aligremond videos on youtube
Anonymous118415 Hi does anyone else have this problem where they feel like their thoughts aren't intrusive? Like you think of them on your own mostly for ERP purposes but still, once you do recovery work they slowly get quieter and fade anyway? Hope that makes sense
Anonymous118415
Anonymous118415
Hi does anyone else have this problem where they feel like their thoughts aren't intrusive? Like you think of them on your own mostly for ERP purposes but still, once you do recovery work they slowly get quieter and fade anyway? Hope that makes sense
This isn't reassurance seeking btw, that's one compulsion I'm completely rid of, I just wondered if others went through the same experience
Anonymous115695
Anonymous118415
This isn't reassurance seeking btw, that's one compulsion I'm completely rid of, I just wondered if others went through the same experience
I’m going thru that. It’s hard to tell the difference and it’s confusing.
Anonymous118415
Anonymous115695
I’m going thru that. It’s hard to tell the difference and it’s confusing.
For me, I feel obligated to think the thoughts. I don't want to think them but it's like, I feel them coming in as like a sentence or something and then I let it in and disregard it. The more ERP I do the less thoughts I have but some of them feel intrusive and some don't which is very confusing and I'm worried it might bring on another setback
Shalonda3 How do I recover from ocd?
Anonymous115695
Anonymous118415
For me, I feel obligated to think the thoughts. I don't want to think them but it's like, I feel them coming in as like a sentence or something and then I let it in and disregard it. The more ERP I do the less thoughts I have but some of them feel intrusive and some don't which is very confusing and I'm worried it might bring on another setback
I believe they call that “checking” I’ll disregard and feel tons better then start checking my feelings and thoughts to see where I am. Then it starts over with a twist and gets me every time.
Anonymous118415
Shalonda3
How do I recover from ocd?
Let the thoughts come in with anxiety and resist doing any compulsions little by little
Anonymous121664 Hi All, I don't want to specify my OCD themes as i know my OCD will seek reassurance for that immediately. I just want to mention that I'm really going thru some hard time rn. I'm getting an intrusive thought every second & they come with severe physical symptoms like headache, toothache or body pain. My PCOS symptoms are just adding up to it. I don't know how to cope anymore. :'
Anonymous121664 I have had OCD since I was born I guess, but it elevated during my teenage horrifically. I struggled a lot since then but things got under control for a bit when I got diagnosed last year. Now I know what's bothering me but I still don't know how to deal with it properly yet.
Ali Greymond
Anonymous121664
Hi All, I don't want to specify my OCD themes as i know my OCD will seek reassurance for that immediately. I just want to mention that I'm really going thru some hard time rn. I'm getting an intrusive thought every second & they come with severe physical symptoms like headache, toothache or body pain. My PCOS symptoms are just adding up to it. I don't know how to cope anymore. :'
you need to track and reduce rumination. Let the thoughts come in but choose not to analyze them
Ali Greymond
Anonymous118415
Hi does anyone else have this problem where they feel like their thoughts aren't intrusive? Like you think of them on your own mostly for ERP purposes but still, once you do recovery work they slowly get quieter and fade anyway? Hope that makes sense
yes that's common
Ali Greymond
Anonymous121623
I also wanna know how to prevent a ocd loop to happen in the beginning?
control your reaction when a new thought pops in. Don't give it energy.
Ali Greymond
Kevin Le
is ocd a chronic mental disability
It can be if you don't do the work. So if you view it as chronic and accept that you will never get better, then you will never get better. If you work hard on recovery then you will recover. It's all in your hands. I was not ok living in OCD hell so I did the work and I recovered.
Anonymous117898 Ali recovery isn’t the same as cure so that means you still have Ocd after recovery?
Anonymous115695 I have a hard time telling the difference between my thoughts and ocd. Any advice ?
Anonymous110875
Anonymous121431
If u are lesbian..u liked that thought..not feared about that thought..so choose to disreagrd and move on
wtf are you talking about? Are you saying im a lesbian?
Shalonda3 Hi
Anonymous121332 Hello
Shalonda3 I'm new to the forum
Anonymous121755 I distinguished my feelings. Reason why I freaked out over a intrusive thought is because I never had them and it felt strong and real I really freaked out so I believed in it. The fear you get when looking you’ll recognize it as just fear it makes it seem real af.
Anonymous118635 I am an 18 year old girl.Recently I had a severe attack of ocd.I have been prone to ocd since my teenage.Basically I am a strong person compared to my mother who has been suffering ocd since the age of ten.I have been watching your videos and I hope that I will be able to recover soon.I have been cherishing a dream to become a doctor since my childhood.Can I choose the profession of a medical prac
Customize

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Re:Covid

I have been doing a lot better, but I still have a lot of fear around getting or giving others Covid-19 and I know this is a real life event. It is difficult as we do have to be careful, but I wonder if I go to the extreme re: fear of packages delivered etc. How do I distinguish what is OCD speaking and what is actually being a responsible person? I recognize googling is not good for me to do. Do I just do the best that I can and live my life knowing that I can never be 100% certain about anything.

Also, when anxious I question my husband as to his behaviours around Covid as well which causes stress in our marriage, but I want to make sure he is being responsible to ease my anxiety - even though I know he is a responsible person.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. I still believe that it is a serious problem and we have to obey all of the rules - I am in Canada, but I am doing better as I know we can never have absolute certainty. You are right. We know more about the virus now, but I choose to still be careful but not go overboard which I realize OCD latched unto.