OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous117898
Anonymous120197
Have you been able to make any progress by yourself?
Yh I did but I’ve been stuck for a while now with the thoughts and ruminating , how about you
Ali Greymond
Anonymous117898
Yh I did but I’ve been stuck for a while now with the thoughts and ruminating , how about you
try to reduce by just a few minutes, it's just accountability. The thoughts will always feel real
Anonymous117898
Ali Greymond
try to reduce by just a few minutes, it's just accountability. The thoughts will always feel real
Yes Ali they seem so real , how do I reduce , and then sometimes I’ll randomly remember the thought, I will be stuck forever with Ocd because it’s chronic
Ali Greymond they will always seem real, you need to make a decision to view them as ocd even though they feel real
Anonymous117898
Ali Greymond
they will always seem real, you need to make a decision to view them as ocd even though they feel real
But I thought if we view our thoughts as Ocd then it is a compulsion
Anonymous117898 Ali I have been trying to recover for almost a year but the thoughts are still a major problem and I just don’t feel good and ruminate
Anonymous117898 How do we truly accept our thoughts
Ali Greymond
Anonymous117898
Ali I have been trying to recover for almost a year but the thoughts are still a major problem and I just don’t feel good and ruminate
are you using my tracking method? is there any accountability?
Ali Greymond
Anonymous117898
How do we truly accept our thoughts
you don't need to chase the feeling of accepting the thoughts
Anonymous117898
Ali Greymond
are you using my tracking method? is there any accountability?
I don’t understand the tracking method but I don’t think it will work for me
Anonymous117898
Ali Greymond
you don't need to chase the feeling of accepting the thoughts
I read on a different Ocd instagram that we need to truly accept the thoughts
Anonymous120206 Is someone here please? I need help. My ocd try to pull me down again
Anonymous118619
Anonymous120206
Is someone here please? I need help. My ocd try to pull me down again
Hey, I won't give you reassurance but remember how many times OCD has tries to pull you down. Sit with it and let it flow. Try to redirect your attention elsewehre
Anonymous120206
Anonymous118619
Hey, I won't give you reassurance but remember how many times OCD has tries to pull you down. Sit with it and let it flow. Try to redirect your attention elsewehre
Thank so so so much!! I will keep doing the hard work!!
Ali Greymond exactly!!!!
Anonymous117898 Ali it’s not possible to be 100% Ocd free it will always be a part of us
Anonymous120212
Anonymous120206
Thank so so so much!! I will keep doing the hard work!!
Hello Ali
Anonymous120212 Could I ask a question please
Anonymous118619
Anonymous117898
Ali it’s not possible to be 100% Ocd free it will always be a part of us
Think of it like this - Worry about not being 100% OCD while being controlled by your OCD or reduce rumination and compulsions and potentially (yes uncertainty here too sorry) return to a life that is worth it. Living life doing complusions and the thinking that occurs versus no complusions is a 360 difference i promise
Anonymous118619 You won't regret reducing complusions and ruminations i promise.
Anonymous120212 What is the difference between someone who has harm ocd and someone who does bad things?
Anonymous117898
Anonymous118619
Think of it like this - Worry about not being 100% OCD while being controlled by your OCD or reduce rumination and compulsions and potentially (yes uncertainty here too sorry) return to a life that is worth it. Living life doing complusions and the thinking that occurs versus no complusions is a 360 difference i promise
Yh I know but it’s just awful how we can’t be like normal again , like 100% Ocd free , it just sucks
Ali Greymond In the next hour make actual progress in reducing rumination and compulsions, you can't just say how bad the situation is, you need to start turning at around and the more you put it off the worse it will get
Anonymous117898
Ali Greymond
In the next hour make actual progress in reducing rumination and compulsions, you can't just say how bad the situation is, you need to start turning at around and the more you put it off the worse it will get
I don’t really do compulsions but I don’t know how to reduce ruminating or disregard thoughts
Anonymous120212 Hi Ali I have harm ocd and I am watching your videos but struggling to stop ruminating. How do you know you won’t act out intrusive thoughts?
Anonymous120235 Hi everyone
Anonymous118619
Anonymous120212
What is the difference between someone who has harm ocd and someone who does bad things?
This is a complusion. Put this as "OCD and disregard" basket
Anonymous120235 I think I might have ocd lately, I keep adding new things to my room to "improve it" and now focused on my home theater and I keep get bothering over and over on things like if the tv is exactly at the center, if the speakers are one taller than another and nothing ever looks "even"
Anonymous120235 How do I stop giving in these urges and enjoy the things that I have?
Anonymous120235 Sometimes I get the thought like "when I'll fix everything in the room I'll really be able to enjoy a movie with this new tv, but only after then etc"
Anonymous120235 sad
Anonymous120235 anybody there?
Anonymous117898
Anonymous120235
anybody there?
Hi each time you get an urge to change something around , resist the urge. Don’t do it
Anonymous120235 will it go away?
Anonymous120235 'cause as soon as I start resisting it it bothers me like scratching my brain 'til I don't do it...difficult to explain it in words
Anonymous117898
Anonymous120235
will it go away?
Each time you Resist it should get easier , in the start it will be hard and you will have anxiety but just sit with it and don’t do any urges and each time you refuse an Urge it will get easier
Anonymous120235 thank you, new to this, been talking about it with my therapist which I'm seeing since 2 years, she said we'll just monitor how it goes for now before declaring it's ocd
Anonymous120235 I've been having these since a few months only
Anonymous120235 it happens also with doors, sometimes even if I'm sure I locked a door, I have to check it 2,3,4 times
Anonymous117898
Anonymous120235
thank you, new to this, been talking about it with my therapist which I'm seeing since 2 years, she said we'll just monitor how it goes for now before declaring it's ocd
Please just control this now so it doesn’t become a big issue for you x
Anonymous120235 I have a brother which has this issue since long time...
Kevin Le
Anonymous120235
it happens also with doors, sometimes even if I'm sure I locked a door, I have to check it 2,3,4 times
same 6048392218
Anonymous120235
Kevin Le
same 6048392218
Were you diagnosed with ocd or u too are still unsure about that?
Kevin Le
Anonymous120235
Were you diagnosed with ocd or u too are still unsure about that?
i am diagnosed with ocd but my ocd makes me think im other things too like ive thought about myself being high functioning autism or tourettes or a serial killer, pedophile etc. psychopath etc. everything u name it = my ocd is worse with tech i think so i wish i could destroy all my tech but i cant cause its part of work and obsessions and saving repeating sending etc. - i feel like ive lost the w
Anonymous119901 ocd been telling me to do some crazy things
Anonymous85281 Hey guys I’m very happy to say that I finally talked to my mom and asked for help today we are going to get a therapist
Anonymous85281 Also what’s really concerning me is that now that I have no anxiety I don’t react with panic anymore which means I don’t really engage with my thoughts but I still think it’s a problem because they keep coming in, that’s why I believe I’m having them on purpose because I’m just kinda like idc anymore but the thoughts are still coming in. Why? And it’s almost like normal thoughts no
Anonymous85281 Now and that I’m not even attracted to men anymore. Will it ever come back? If I’m having the thoughts on purpose that means I’ll never truly get rid of them
Kevin Le
Anonymous85281
Hey guys I’m very happy to say that I finally talked to my mom and asked for help today we are going to get a therapist
im super happy for u 6048392218
Kevin Le
Anonymous120212
Could I ask a question please
yes = does anyone know any good tips to manage ocd = i re read messages and i hate it when i misread it or read too fast and its annoying i also like to save things ALOT and its like extra work for me 6048392218
Customize

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Obsession over putting on socks

Hello
I hope this is the right subforum to post this. I have weird obesession with socks. Whenever I put them on it feels like they don't sit "right" and so I pull on them to adjust them or even  take them off completely. It can take up to 15 minutes to let go of it and move on. Alongside the feeling of putting them on "wrong" I get a weird feeling of uncomfortableness in my right foot up to my knee. It's hard to describe but it takes several hours for it to fade. Here is the thing though: The socks sit perfectly. It's just my brain going nuts over it forcing me to take them off and on again. Today I put them on (this alone gives me anexiety) and a few hours later I somehow pulled on one of them. Then a wave of fear came in. I could endure it for two hours but then gave in and took them off and on again. I feel better now but my brain still won't shut up about it.

How can I do ERP on this? Should I put them on and leave them be the whole day?