OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous69565 It also relaxes me when I am with my cats and play with them.. They have fun
Anonymous71400 Aww that’s so cute apparently stroking pets is a good way of therapy cause it calms you
Anonymous69565 Yes it's so good to be with animals... I have three beautiful kittens.. I love them
Anonymous63628 Question. Why does every thought feel worse than the last despite the fact that I thought that last time?
Anonymous71360 maybe it has to do with problem solving and urgency
Anonymous71360 any good tips on accepting uncertainty?
Anonymous62972 Hi, why can’t I answer myself the question if I would act out the thoughts? It seems like most of the other OCD sufferers know, but I don’t
Anonymous69565 What thoughts?
Anonymous62972 I am lesbian and I get images of oral s*x with men in my head everytime I walk by a male person. I am ashamed now 😢
Anonymous62972 And then I want to know if I would actually want it/ do it
Kirby D Hey Guys! Jumping online for 15-20 mins now if anyone has questions or wants to chat 😊
Anonymous62972 Hey Kirby, can you help me? My messages are above
Anonymous71360 hello Kirby
Anonymous71360 everytime I get an OCD thought it´s accompanied by a rush of anxiety, that´s how I know it´s an OCD thought and I try to stop it there
Anonymous71626 Anybody know where to start with breathing awareness ocd. Wouldnt be so bad if i could get some sleep at night. Anyway not sure to start with recovery
Anonymous71400
Anonymous71626
Anybody know where to start with breathing awareness ocd. Wouldnt be so bad if i could get some sleep at night. Anyway not sure to start with recovery
You could try listening to music at night
Anonymous69423 I hate that my compulsion more is having to say “I’m straight” to have a normal day. Idk why I feel if I don’t say it I won’t be who I was anymore. It sounds stupid.
Anonymous71360
Anonymous71626
Anybody know where to start with breathing awareness ocd. Wouldnt be so bad if i could get some sleep at night. Anyway not sure to start with recovery
I didn´t know that subtype at all
Anonymous71626 Think its called sensorimotor ocd
Anonymous71360 wow
Anonymous71472
Anonymous69423
I hate that my compulsion more is having to say “I’m straight” to have a normal day. Idk why I feel if I don’t say it I won’t be who I was anymore. It sounds stupid.
I have this too I know how you feel
Anonymous71635 How do you know for sure with pocd that the anxiety isn't real. Deep down i know it's not real but my mind says constantly but what if it was? The fake attraction feels really real.
Anonymous71635 With anxiety i mean fake attraction in the first sentence ^^
Anonymous71643 I have rocd. How do i dissociate these intrusive thoughts with my girlfriend. Everting
Anonymous71643 Everytime i think of her i instantly get these thoughts.
Anonymous71643 Let me reword that. How do i start to dissociate my girlfriend with these feeling of anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Everytime I think of her I think of these thoughts and anxiety.
Anonymous67461 Is it normal to react to intrusive thoughts with like its a realization. I had an intrusive thought the other day and it felt like there was 0 anxiety and it was a realization. Then i got really scared and ruminate about it
Anonymous67461
Anonymous71643
Let me reword that. How do i start to dissociate my girlfriend with these feeling of anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Everytime I think of her I think of these thoughts and anxiety.
Be honest with her and tell her that u suffer from ocd and none of your thoughts are actually yours. If u explain how they scare u and they are intrusive she will know that they mean nothing. U dont even have to be specific just say i get really scary thoughts at times they arent me or anything just a part of ocd but i still feel anxious abt them
Anonymous67461
Anonymous71360
I didn´t know that subtype at all
I SUFFERED FROM THIS LAST SUMMER!! I would close my eyes and then i felt myself stop to breathe and i wouldnt be able to sleep because i would panic and cry. I told my mom about my problem and i thought it would never go away. She told me that it was just anxiety and i just need to keep my mind occupied. I distracted myself during the day and ignored when the sensations would come at night.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous67461
I SUFFERED FROM THIS LAST SUMMER!! I would close my eyes and then i felt myself stop to breathe and i wouldnt be able to sleep because i would panic and cry. I told my mom about my problem and i thought it would never go away. She told me that it was just anxiety and i just need to keep my mind occupied. I distracted myself during the day and ignored when the sensations would come at night.
Also try to daydream a fake scenario before sleeping. Mine was marrying my crush lmao but it can be any dream u wanna chase happening. U can get through it i believe in u!
Anonymous67461
Anonymous71643
Everytime i think of her i instantly get these thoughts.
Basically u get these thoughts only about her because u care abt her so much. Ocd attacks what we care about. Ocd can attack anything but it can specifically go towards ppl we love since we care about them so deeply.
Anonymous67461 I wonder how michele is doing she hasnt been on in awhile. If you guys have any questions i am in ocd recovery right now
Anonymous62972 can someone help me?
Anonymous71643
Anonymous67461
Basically u get these thoughts only about her because u care abt her so much. Ocd attacks what we care about. Ocd can attack anything but it can specifically go towards ppl we love since we care about them so deeply.
But how do i get rid of the bs.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous71635
How do you know for sure with pocd that the anxiety isn't real. Deep down i know it's not real but my mind says constantly but what if it was? The fake attraction feels really real.
Ok listen. U will never know. The fact that u are looking for certainty is just more proof of ocd going on. U are looking for certainty which is impossible. There is legit no certainty in anything. The only thing u can do is chose to treat it as ocd even if it feels wrong and keep going with recovery. Ik its hard as a fellow pocd sufferer it is torture. But u can do it.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous71643
But how do i get rid of the bs.
U have to stop reacting
Anonymous67461
Anonymous67461
Ok listen. U will never know. The fact that u are looking for certainty is just more proof of ocd going on. U are looking for certainty which is impossible. There is legit no certainty in anything. The only thing u can do is chose to treat it as ocd even if it feels wrong and keep going with recovery. Ik its hard as a fellow pocd sufferer it is torture. But u can do it.
Also once u disregard little by little u will feel better and look back and be like oh yea that was just ocd.
Anonymous67461 If u are on this chat in the first place trust me its ocd. Ppl who are actually awful wouldnt be analyzing or worrying this hard abt thoughts,sensations, urges, feelings, etc
Anonymous67461
Anonymous69423
I hate that my compulsion more is having to say “I’m straight” to have a normal day. Idk why I feel if I don’t say it I won’t be who I was anymore. It sounds stupid.
Literally me!! I suffered from hocd for months and i recovered!! I recovered from only ali's videos and i now live a life without hocd. This will all pass trust me just do recovery work
Anonymous62972 Is getting images in your head hocd?
Anonymous62972 I mean sexual scenes
Anonymous62972 everytime I walk by men, even young boys
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
Is getting images in your head hocd?
Yes keep disregarding. For me i would get alot of images when i would close my eyes to sleep and it scared me so bad until i realized that it was just another tool hocd used to get me to react.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
I mean sexual scenes
Yes yes yes everything in that nature is still ocd trust me ur not alone and u can recover
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
Yes yes yes everything in that nature is still ocd trust me ur not alone and u can recover
I am lesbian and I get images of oral s*x with men in my head everytime I walk by a male person.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
can someone help me?
Yes of course what is ur problem?
Anonymous62972 33 And then I want to know if I would actually want it/ do it
Anonymous62972
Anonymous67461
Yes of course what is ur problem?
I am lesbian and I get images of oral s*x with men in my head everytime I walk by a male person.
Anonymous67461
Anonymous62972
Thats exactly what hocd does. I am a straight female and have only ever been attracted to men but for some reason i would be next to a girl and get these weird sexual images about her. It is so so common u have no idea. At the end of the day though our thoughts mean nothing. We are meant to have junk thoughts and weird thoughts are natural. I used to think hocd thoughts were the end of the world
Anonymous67461
Anonymous67461
Thats exactly what hocd does. I am a straight female and have only ever been attracted to men but for some reason i would be next to a girl and get these weird sexual images about her. It is so so common u have no idea. At the end of the day though our thoughts mean nothing. We are meant to have junk thoughts and weird thoughts are natural. I used to think hocd thoughts were the end of the world
But now i brush these thoughts off like nothing. Analyzing and wondering if u actually like it is all ocd
Customize

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My time tracking

Hello Ali,

I am posting here my time tracking for the last 7 days. I have been doing the recovery for almost 10 months now, and I have gotten a lot better, just still fall down from time to time. The process has been a little more complicated due to the fact that my country has been in lockdown for the last almost 7 months, and also I had had (H)OCD for almost 6 years before that. Your Youtube channel has helped me enormously, Ali, thank you so much for that.
Here are my numbers:

-2nd April: 
wake up - 9 = 1 min.
9-12 = 1
12-15= 1
15-18 = 2
18-21= 2
21 - going to bed = 0

-3rd April:
w. - 9 = 0
9-12 = 0
12-15 = 1
15-18 = 1
18-21 = 0
21 - going to bed = 1

4th April:
w-9 = 0
9-12 = 1
12-15 = 0
15-18 = 1
18-21 = 0
21-going to bed = 1

5th april - here I started to have a little setback.
w-9 = 0
9-12 = 0
12-15 = 1
15-18 = 1
18 - 21 = 5
21 - going to bed = 10

6th April:
w-9 = 1
9-12 = 3
12-15 = 3
15-18 = 1
18 - 21 = 0