To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

OCD Chat (You must be logged in below to use the chat.) 
needyou In my day.. But I do them with the feeling of sadness. I feel sad when I have thoughts in the background of my mind.. This is the difficult part of recovery
User2525 Hey can somebody check my absurd theme in other types
User2525 Can someone chak it and reply please
Joe Its funny on this forum- Everyone comes, writes something, and when they dont get the answer they want to hear or dont get re assurance you come back as guests or pretend to be other guests and try THE SAME QUESTION again. I had a post about HOCD which was viewed almost 300 times in 3 days yet every other post as 3-10 views? Everyone is here for re-assurance and are not working towards Recovery!
Seamstress That's not completely true. I know what you mean, but I am here to help in my recovery as well as to encourage others. By the way how do I see how many views are on a post. Not aware of that feature. My main complaint with this forum is all the spam on it. Hard to find the real posts on forum.
Seamstress Never mind. I see the views now. Wasn't looking in the right place.
Hoping True, really hard to find the real posts
Hoping Hey everyone, does anyone have any suggestions or can share the morning routine you use during the weekends? I have severe OCD especially on weekend mornings, even if the rest of my week has been relatively okay.
User2525 I have an unusual theme can someone reply to it it's in other types of ocd category
andrey_m Can someone help me, please? I need to hear your opinion. Is there someone who has overcome false memory ocd?
Amando Hey i'm struggling with real event ocd. I've had every theme of ocd and did erp and felt better. But now this real event ocd is bothering. It started when i've searched for a girl username on google who sends nudes the i've lied to her and show her some pictures of private part which i downloaded on google.we were s*x chatting then she found out and told but i deactivated my account now i'm afraid
Amando Now i'm afraid that i commited a crime and i also get thoughts that she might have commited suicide and i get urges to hand myselft to the police
Amando Can someone help me?
User2525 It feels loneöy with a theme that nobody else has sometimes i wish i would have a more common theme
User2525 Please somebody answer
User2525 My recovery would be so much eaaier
User2525 Please
User2525 Im so sorry for spam
User2525 I wont put a message for a while just please help im actively doing erp but theres this one question that i haven't got answered
User2525 Actually nevermind that might be reassuranse
Amando
User2525
Actually nevermind that might be reassuranse
Yeah man keep doing erp
User2525 You can just casually check it out but not give reassurase i think it would be okay if people were more aware of absurd themes
User2525
Amando
Yeah man keep doing erp
Because yes
User2525 I justhad a bad daywith erp
User2525 At öeast i realised it now ps oh im filling the chat again sorry
Amando
User2525
At öeast i realised it now ps oh im filling the chat again sorry
No that's fine man i understand you
Amando Did you read my post?
Amando Do you think mine also is ocd?
User2525 Wait one sec i'll read it
User2525 Hmm i get that i once had slight real event ocd (i've had many themes) at least it's more common than mine just do erp no matter what
User2525 Could you read the post about my avsurd theme don't give reassurance just give me a honest opinion and tell me whta you think
User2525 About it
User2525 Abd i absolutely think your theme is ocd
User2525 *and
Jessica How much today
Jessica How much your daily now
Jessica U happy together all day none stop
Jessica Hola
Powerful
needyou
In my day.. But I do them with the feeling of sadness. I feel sad when I have thoughts in the background of my mind.. This is the difficult part of recovery
Oh, totally, the sadness or fear was always in the background for me. But now I am so so much better. you are doing well if you are keeping yourself busy. The sadness will pass, believe me. Just keeping going! Track your rumination. It worked for me, it will work for you, don't give up
Amando
User2525
Could you read the post about my avsurd theme don't give reassurance just give me a honest opinion and tell me whta you think
Where is your post?
Bec1990
Powerful
Oh, totally, the sadness or fear was always in the background for me. But now I am so so much better. you are doing well if you are keeping yourself busy. The sadness will pass, believe me. Just keeping going! Track your rumination. It worked for me, it will work for you, don't give up
Hi all
Kevin Le
Bec1990
Hi all
how did u track ur rumination and im getting better but i sometimes feel like i dont wanna get better it hurts but im making slow progress im becoming an ea and im worried im not set for the job. - 7787754018 fongo
User2525 There is my post
User2525 My theme
User2525 Please somebody reply there
User2525 I have never got an ansver from somebody that knows about ocd
User2525 Sorry for filling the chat again i can wait for an answer i just calmed down but the answer would still be very good

How do I ignore, so that I can actually start recovery?

Hi all,

I have religious ocd and I usually get terrible blasphemous thoughts and curse words when I am about to start (and even during) a religious obligation. I also have other problems (severe doubts, feelings, etc.). However, I try so hard to prepare for it before I start a religious duty and remind myself that I will get a terrible thought and I will have to ignore it and continue the religious duty I was starting. Yet, when it actually happens, I cannot ever ignore...ever. It is extremely difficult. I feels extremely wrong and unforgivable.

Any true and tried tactics that helped you all ignore?

PLEASE do not mention any curse words or blasphemous words/phrases. They are extremely triggering for me.

Thank you.

You are getting these thoughts because Jesus means so, so much to you

How long has this been going on? Whenever you get a thought, think of it as a lie, or a trick to make you stumble.

Thoughts have nothing to do with reality no matter how real they seem. If a thought is stuck in your mind remind yourself that Jesus knows that you are having this thought, and he knows you wouldn’t actually do this. Someone who actually did this would not be searching for help, because by then they would already have hardened their hearts toward our mighty Lord. What are your doubts?

I had this very badly. Right now most important thing is to stop ruminating and to understand that this is a mental issue not a religious issue. Your OCd is attacking your faith because you love it. You are not committing sins. Jesus loves you no matter what.

Little off topic, but can someone reply to my post called am I okay?
not many people have responded and I want some help

Original poster here. Thank you all so much for helping me and giving me advice! God bless you!

This has been going on for three or more years now.  It started out as a bad thought that annoyed me, and then the thoughts got more frequent and more intense in their blasphemy and severity against God. It frightens me and prevents me from completing the religious duty I was doing and I keep on starting over and over and over and say good things to cancel out the terrible words in my thoughts.