Before the coaching with Michele I had some ideas what I needed to do for recovery, because of the research I did. But when I got to speak to Michele the approach of recovery got really significantly simplified. I was way to concerned before and thought about so many different things, while with Michelle’s help it got easier to live my normal life again and get back on the right path. Therefor I am really grateful to have found Ali Greymond and through her Michele because I don’t know where I would be now otherwise. I can only encourage everybody who needs to read this to try the coaching because it really helps!

– Phillip 
OCD Help Chat 
Anonymous142851
Anonymous144768
Hello thank you for providing this great help. I just have a question on something that I was confused about. I saw Ali mentioned on her channel that if you spend for example a year ruminating on a through it will take a year to get over it. I was wondering if someone could explain this because I don’t think this is possible, given that our thoughts switch often.
She’s basically just saying the longer you have given a thought attention the longer it tends to take to get over it. But she has no research backing that up. Only anecdotal reports feom
Anonymous142851
Anonymous142851
She’s basically just saying the longer you have given a thought attention the longer it tends to take to get over it. But she has no research backing that up. Only anecdotal reports feom
reports from people who say it takes longer. But everyone is different. It doesn’t mean it’s gonna take a year to go away just bc you ruminated for a year. There is no rule/evidence that says that
Anonymous142851
Anonymous142851
reports from people who say it takes longer. But everyone is different. It doesn’t mean it’s gonna take a year to go away just bc you ruminated for a year. There is no rule/evidence that says that
In my experience the ones that I ruminate on the most do take a bit longer to loosen their grip but there’s no set timeline
Anonymous144777
Anonymous142851
In my experience the ones that I ruminate on the most do take a bit longer to loosen their grip but there’s no set timeline
No yeah that makes sense. When I ruminate it takes longer because I’ve given it power. But I just don’t think she should say the time of getting over equals time of putting in. Just seemed random that she said one year equals 6 months to get over. Plus sometimes it’s just random and you’ll get over it right away when you’re tired. Only reason why I wanted to bring this up is that it was
Anonymous144777
Anonymous144777
No yeah that makes sense. When I ruminate it takes longer because I’ve given it power. But I just don’t think she should say the time of getting over equals time of putting in. Just seemed random that she said one year equals 6 months to get over. Plus sometimes it’s just random and you’ll get over it right away when you’re tired. Only reason why I wanted to bring this up is that it was
Making me anxious to think that if I ruminate for a month it’ll take a month. Unless you don’t have anything to do all day including eating I don’t think it’s possible to ruminate on something for more than a couple days.
Anonymous144777
Anonymous144777
Making me anxious to think that if I ruminate for a month it’ll take a month. Unless you don’t have anything to do all day including eating I don’t think it’s possible to ruminate on something for more than a couple days.
Also just want to make sure she knows her stuff because I want to get a plan with her and stuff like this makes me think maybe her info isn’t accurate.
Anonymous142851
Anonymous144777
Also just want to make sure she knows her stuff because I want to get a plan with her and stuff like this makes me think maybe her info isn’t accurate.
I mean I’ve ruminates on topics/thoughts for many months/years unfortunately but yeah the whole time it takes to get over it is her guessing based on how much you ruminate. That’s not some fact of ocd is just her estimating
Anonymous144777 Great thank you that makes sense. And I see what you mean think she meant ruminating for years like being in the same thought for that time but not 24/7. Just it coming back every often I relate to that.
Anonymous144929 Hello, I am having horrible mental images of sexual acts sorruounding pocd. I get horrible sensations in my groinal area, that feel like real arousal. Is it arousal or just groinal response? It's awful, when I think of nice sexual things I want to think it never happens, only with the disturbing thoughts I hate. Does this mean I truly just have awful attractions? Or is it OCD that also takes away
Anonymous144929 The ability to feel arousal at normal things and makes you have it for your feared thoughts? How do I differentiate? Does this make me a pedo?
Anonymous144929 I'm very distressed and cannot sleep or eat or focus on anything. This has been happening only to these thoughts and it scares me.
Anonymous142851
Anonymous144929
I'm very distressed and cannot sleep or eat or focus on anything. This has been happening only to these thoughts and it scares me.
Hey there! That’s classic ocd symptoms. I think the fact that you don’t feel these same groinial responses to your true desires is true shows even more how this is an anxious groinial response.
Anonymous142851
Anonymous142851
Hey there! That’s classic ocd symptoms. I think the fact that you don’t feel these same groinial responses to your true desires is true shows even more how this is an anxious groinial response.
It’s super common with ocd. Try not to panick/figure it out. When you get the thoughts and sensations just roll your eyes and say whatever ocd. And go do something important. This will lessen the more you show your brain it’s irrelevant. It’s just a symptom of ocd.
Anonymous145049 Thank you. I've been very worried, that maybe if I only get these responses to these thoughts I just found out some sick attraction, thank you for this I feel a bit relieved. I am on the road to an ocd diagnosis so I wasn't sure if this even fit the criteria of OCD or just a sexual disorder of some sort. Thank you again!
Anonymous118415 Can someone help? Please? My OCD is attacking massively rn. My Google account got disabled for reasons idk of yet. My type of OCD theme is taboo and for recovery reasons I won't mention it here. But I'm so scared I might have looked at something illegal to do with my theme and that's why my account was disabled. I'm googling every second....this seems like a real issue
Anonymous139356 im really worried it doesn't feel like pocd anymore, it feels like i enjoy the feelings, thoughts and urges
Anonymous118415
Anonymous139356
im really worried it doesn't feel like pocd anymore, it feels like i enjoy the feelings, thoughts and urges
Still OCD. Try your best to disregard
anon I'm really struggling. a few days ago I was having normal sexual thoughts about my boyfriend when a thought about doing something disgusting to my young nephew cropped up. I had a groin response which I know is OCD and not necessarily true arousal, but my thoughts told me I enjoyed it. I immediately started panicking and feeling anxious and disgusted at the thought that I might have enjoyed it
anon I don't feel like I will actually act out the thoughts because I have no desire to AT ALL. I'm disgusted that I could even think of something like that when I am sexually attracted to men my age or older (i'm 20) and NOT children.
anon I try to repeat the thought and my head and check if I'm actually aroused by it and I no longer have a response, but my mind keeps telling me I enjoyed it even though I feel disgusted and ashamed and horrible by the thought. Am I in denial or is it OCD?? I feel so disgusted and depressed and I can't stop thinking about it.
Anonymous145152 Quick question was wondering if this is ocd. Keep repeating watching videos. I fixated on a sentence from one video and kept replaying it until the phrase sounded right. I know this is ocd but if I then also told myself the ocd would go away if I held my breadth and remained focus while the video played the part I fixated on is this also ocd?
Anonymous145154
anon
I try to repeat the thought and my head and check if I'm actually aroused by it and I no longer have a response, but my mind keeps telling me I enjoyed it even though I feel disgusted and ashamed and horrible by the thought. Am I in denial or is it OCD?? I feel so disgusted and depressed and I can't stop thinking about it.
Hello I have a little experience with this ocd as well. Honestly it’s just your mind saying that, I recommend checking Slid videos on YouTube and knowing that you just need to ignore the thoughts no matter how real they feel. And by ignoring I don’t mean disregarding completely, instead just letting them be there without listening. Know that it’s just a thought
Michele- Recovery Coach(book private text support through OCD recovery network)
Anonymous144775
I realllly struggle to sleep bec my pure o is wild at night so I’m just restless with anxiety, doing my recovery now and ia will be good soon but anyone got advice for me pls?
Hi yes do activities at night and do not lay in bed and ruminate that will only make it worse. Only lay in bed when you are so tired that you fall asleep
Anonymous144768
Hello thank you for providing this great help. I just have a question on something that I was confused about. I saw Ali mentioned on her channel that if you spend for example a year ruminating on a through it will take a year to get over it. I was wondering if someone could explain this because I don’t think this is possible, given that our thoughts switch often.
Yea itll take 6 months to a year to completely get over the thought. And thoughts in the future you will have trained your brain to see them as nothing special because we all get thoughts and not react anymore in an ocd way
Anonymous145152
Quick question was wondering if this is ocd. Keep repeating watching videos. I fixated on a sentence from one video and kept replaying it until the phrase sounded right. I know this is ocd but if I then also told myself the ocd would go away if I held my breadth and remained focus while the video played the part I fixated on is this also ocd?
yes this is all ocd don't follow what its saying and choose to move on
anon
I try to repeat the thought and my head and check if I'm actually aroused by it and I no longer have a response, but my mind keeps telling me I enjoyed it even though I feel disgusted and ashamed and horrible by the thought. Am I in denial or is it OCD?? I feel so disgusted and depressed and I can't stop thinking about it.
this is all just oc. You need to view these thougths coming in as someone who is speaking another language you do not understand and keep moving on
anon
Anonymous145154
Hello I have a little experience with this ocd as well. Honestly it’s just your mind saying that, I recommend checking Slid videos on YouTube and knowing that you just need to ignore the thoughts no matter how real they feel. And by ignoring I don’t mean disregarding completely, instead just letting them be there without listening. Know that it’s just a thought
what is "Slid"? also, thank you for your response. I'm trying to ignore it, sometimes I'm better at it than other times.
this is all just oc. You need to view these thougths coming in as someone who is speaking another language you do not understand and keep moving on
ocd**
anon
thank you Michele. I will try my hardest to!
Anonymous145163 hi,
anon
thank you Michele. I will try my hardest to!
youre welcome you can do it. View it as you have more important things to get done in your life than listen to ocd anymore
Anonymous145163
hi,
hello!
Anonymous145163 i was having intrusive kissing thought/image with a unwanted person and my lips pouted voluntarily like im kissing the person, im feeling distressed that it is voluntary lip movement and felt bad to my girlfriend, can i dismiss this as unwanted and they are not me?
Anonymous145163
i was having intrusive kissing thought/image with a unwanted person and my lips pouted voluntarily like im kissing the person, im feeling distressed that it is voluntary lip movement and felt bad to my girlfriend, can i dismiss this as unwanted and they are not me?
This is classic ocd, do not confess to your girlfriend. View this as just spam emails coming in and move on to something else
Anonymous145163 thanks, so i can conclude that it is unwanted and not me? i have 3 more incidents which im troubled, can i list them here too? i have been confessing to my girlfriend many times and im afraid is hurting our relationship
Anonymous145163 may i ask how do u explain the voluntary part? is making me anxious
paulnelson Suffering from pain and want to Buy Tapentadol Online . Buy Tapentadol 100mg Online to treat Severe Pain. Purchase Aspadol Online without prescription on sale. Buy tapentadol online cash on delivery with its uses at a cheap price. https://www.buytapentadolonline.com/product/tapentadol-100mg-online/<div>
</div>
Anonymous143828 guys my ocd is being very strange I was literally at a park in the middle of the night with my friend and I had to pee really bad so I went into a bush in the park bur like off to the side, so did my friend. I then started to feel really bad and have a panic attack?? Someone explain
Anonymous145215 This is a jacket made from 100% pure leather. It is known as paneled biker leather. The jacket consists of a side zipper closure. Stylish accessories are available with this jacket so they give a unique touch to the jacket.
Anonymous145215 This is a jacket made from 100% pure leather. It is known as paneled biker leather. The jacket consists of a side zipper closure. Stylish accessories are available with this jacket so they give a unique touch to the jacket. https://englishjackets.co.uk/product/calvin-klein-menswear-nylon-field-jacket
Anonymous145222 Been straight all my life. 2 years ago i started getting these intrusive thoughts that terrified me and gave me a lot of physical anxiety. now for the last 6 months my physical anxiety is gone (i think), but the thoughts are still there 24/7 from the moment i wake up till the moment i sleep. The worst part of it, is i notice every single guy in my surroundings and it feels like im attracted.
Anonymous145222 I have been in therapy and have been in this OCD community since the time i was diagnosed with OCD. But i haven't been able to recover yet. every single day i get more doubt and it seems more real than ever. please help
Anonymous145223 I used to love being with women and to just live my life peacfully. 2 years later im not social anymore, i cant be around friends without constant thoughts, cant be around my GF without constant thoughts. this is my first forum message on any platform, but im losing hope a bit i must say
Anonymous143828 guys my ocd is being very strange I was literally at a park in the middle of the night with my friend and I had to pee really bad so I went into a bush in the park bur like off to the side, so did my friend. I then started to feel really bad and have a panic attack?? Someone explain
Anonymous145253 Is someone here? I have panic attack and I need to talk to someone
Anonymous145253 Please is someone here
Anonymous145163
may i ask how do u explain the voluntary part? is making me anxious
hi yes you can write them in here. I am also taking new clients if you are interested in text support with me. The voluntary part is irrelevant youre just focusing so much on a specific movement its ocd choose to disregard it .
Anonymous145223
I used to love being with women and to just live my life peacfully. 2 years later im not social anymore, i cant be around friends without constant thoughts, cant be around my GF without constant thoughts. this is my first forum message on any platform, but im losing hope a bit i must say
Hi you can absolutely recover. I recovered from relationship ocd myself and the homosexual theme. Would you like to do one on one text support with me? All of these thoughts are silly you have to view them as just junk emails coming in
Anonymous145253
Please is someone here
yes
Customize

I have been suffering from Harm OCD since a decade. I had this feeling like something was wrong with me and I started avoiding objects like pillows,knives etc. Last year when covid started it became worst since I was locked inside house and there were no meeting with friends , I used to hardly sleep then I came across ali videos in YouTube I started watching her videos also joined the chat group I tried to follow most of the things ali told me but somehow I felt I needed more guidance about ERP that’s when I joined text support with Michele. She gave me proper knowledge about OCD and how it works ,she was always available whenever I texted her or when I felt stuck.She motivated me when I had bad days. It’s been 3 months now and i have seen lot of improvement in me ,i sleep well and i feel much happier now and more focused now. I am thankful for that. I will recommend Michele to anyone that needs guidance for their OCD.

– Ninthi

To REGISTER, LOGIN or access more options, press MENU on mobile.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blood contamination

Hi all,

I'm so glad I found this forum tonight. I don't know anyone near me who suffers from OCD and I don't want to burden my boyfriend with it too much. As I mentioned in the chat, I have been suffering contamination fear around blood, eversince my fear of covid has dropped (which I'm so proud of). I try to be very rational about blood. I work in a nursing home for elderly people with dementia, so I see blood on a daily basis almost. I'm not afraid to look at it. However, I am afraid of the following things:

• Not cleaning it up well enough;
  • Contaminating others with my own blood;
  • The fact that the residents probably walk around with blood on their hands, from small wounds etc. and touch doorknobs and other things;
  • Contaminate myself, get sick and then contaminate others. I'm not afraid of being ill, but I would feel responsible for getting someone else sick;
  • A lot of blood-borne diseases are dormant and won't be noticed until the person is very sick, Hepatitis B for example.

An example of a situation I recently encountered: A colleague brought her baby to the nursing home while she was still on het maternity leave. A resident had a nosebleed, the day before she was even hospitalized for it. For a couple of day, she still had residual blood under her nose, which she would touch frequently. So the chance of her getting blood on her hands was very high. Around the same time, I was afraid this lady might have AIDS (because of a picture about it in her room). I looked up how this disease would transmit and found out you can't get it from touching something with blood on it. I'm terrified she might have had some kind of disease, touched the baby and the baby would then lick his hands, which they often do, and ingest the blood and get sick. For some diseases, this would be a way to transmit the disease. For others, like AIDS, there has to be a wound.

I'm fairly sure she touched the baby. But at the time I was only worried about AIDS and now I'm afraid I let her touch the baby even with (a little) blood on her hands, which she probably had because of her nosebleed, because I deemed it safe. But now, a couple of months later I'm suddenly very scared because of other blood-borne diseases. 

I'm not sure what happened anymore, who was there as well, if she even touched the baby. I feel compelled to tell the mother because I feel we should all be cautious around blood. There are a number of diseases which are totally invisible but can be deadly later on in life. And they often go undiscovered until it's too late. But on the other side, I feel like it's the mothers job to protect her child. If the woman had a lot of blood, I think we would all have seen it. But I'm also afraid I didn't react because I was only focussing on if she had AIDS, and it would not have been dangerous to have touched the baby (though it would have been gross ofcourse). Blood-borne diseases aren't rare, but not common either. I just feel guilty for not reacting in a certain way back then. And I'm not sure if I should just ask/tell the mother now. It feels weird to do that after months. But it also feels very dangerous.

I hope someone can help me solve this in a good way. Or maybe someone recognizes this. Thanks for reading!

I feel your pain. I have been through a lot of the same situations as you have and it was before I knew how OCD really worked and how to do ERP. I also was more afraid of causing harm to someone else more than illness to myself and would have extreme guilt and fear which would consume me. Some things I would suggest - difficult as they may be. Stop researching various illnesses - it will only make things worse, as you probably already know. Realize that we really have  little control in life - some, but not as much as we think. Don't ask for reassurance. It may feel good for a minute and reduce the guilt and fear, but OCD will only find something else for you to think about.  Right now you feel responsible for every scenario which is also part of OCD. 

Try to let the scary thoughts and feelings be there but go on with your life. It will not be easy, but after a while things will get better and the anxiety will reduce.  It sounds like you are like many people who have OCD - a caring and loving person who feels over-responsible for others so OCD has latched unto this situation. 

Let me know how you are doing in the future and realize that you are not alone.

Thank you for your kind answer! Researching illnesses certainly makes it worse. And we can't control everything in life. That's what helped me get rid of a lot of compulsions and anxiety around covid-related OCD. Just accepting I can't control it. It was really hard but I've come out on the other end about that theme and I'm so proud of it. 

And even though I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm doing something awful if I don't tell the mother about this situation. But thinking about it and asking reassurance doesn't make it better (even worse). So I guess I'll have to sit with this feeling and let it reduce naturally.

I'm also moving together with my fiancee into our first bought house. I'm so afraid the anxiety about this thought with the blood will spoil the move for me, making me think about it constantly. Luckily I have an appointment with my therapist a couple of days before. 

I'll keep you updated on how it goes. It's great to be able to talk someone who 100% knows what I'm going through.

Just wondering about you nickname, do you sew as well? It's one of my favourite hobbies, which I've pushed aside because of the anxiety for far too long. I finally bought some fabric to start on some new projects. I often wait to start on these things until i feel 'better'. But I guess it's better to just start with it anyway.

Have a nice day/evening where you are!

I used to sew quite a bit and even had a business where I sewed drapes,  cushions etc. and I was a seamstress at a retail store. Have gone unto other things now and mainly knit and don't hardly sew at all,  but I have just kept this nickname.