10 Ways to Getting Through a Bad OCD Day
2. Eat healthy. A bad OCD day is not the time for too little or too much food.
3. Every time a thought pops into your head try to switch the channel in your brain to something else. It’s hard to do at first but it gets easier.
4. Label every thought as an OCD thought. This will train your brain to be able to subconsciously tell the difference between OCD and non-OCD thoughts.
5. Do not stay in bed. Make yourself get out of bed. The longer you stay in bed the worse your thoughts will get.
6. Make a list of things that need go get done in this day and do them. Do not pay attention to your thoughts.
7. Start an OCD journal. Write down what triggered your OCD and the degree of how bad your OCD is. I use 1 to 10.
8. Talk to someone you trust about your OCD. It may not help you feel easier about your OCD created worry, but it will help you feel like you are not alone.
9. Do a crossword puzzle or play video games.
10. Go shopping. Being in a busy place can help you concentrate on something other than your thoughts.